“The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.” Mark Twain
Here are the books I’ve read since January of 2019 with my rating for them (5 being the best) along with a brief review. Any book without a number rating has been given to me by the author or publisher.
In addition to this list, you might also check out:
- my reading lists from previous years
- recommendations on how to become a better reader
- my top 15 theology books
- the 2 books I’ve personally written
- my goodreads account
Click on any of the titles below to get to a link to buy it.
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson (4). A heartbreaking look at one lawyer’s experience in defending those unjustly accused because of a system of racism. Every American should read this book.
- The Captain Class by Sam Walker (3.5). A fascinating look at the leadership engine behind the greatest sports teams in history. Shows the impact a captain can make on the rest of a team.
- Lies My Teacher Told Me by James Loewen (4). Looks at the biases of American history textbooks and all of the things they get wrong about history. Has fascinating implications not only on history, but on how we teach others.