It seems like the majority of my conversations this last month have had to do with Chuck Norris. In the last few weeks I have gotten into discussion about Chuck in Mexico, California, and Arizona. I have learned about a new genre of humor dedicated solely to emphasizing Chuck’s strength over mankind. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Chuck Norris doesn’t read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
- Chuck Norris’ tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.
- Chuck Norris counted to infinity. Twice
- Chuck Norris puts the “laughter” in “manslaughter.”
- Geico saved 15% by switching to Chuck Norris.
- Chuck Norris can speak braille.
- Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.
So here is my question. What is the origin of the Chuck Norris jokes? My guess thus far is the Conan O’Brien late night show but I would love to hear any insights into how this has become a phenomenon or another aspect of Chuck that you know of but that I might not be aware of.