I spent the last two days flooded with insights and encouragement from speakers at the Leadership Summit. For those of you who may be unaware, The Leadership Summit is a two day conference hosted by Willow Creek Community Church in Chicago. Central has hosted the event the last few years at one of our campuses.
Below I’ve selected twenty of my favorite quotes from the event. Each of these quotes is my best representation in writing of what they said verbally or a summary thereof. Any errors in wording are my own.
- “Every vision tests the meddle of every leader.” Bill Hybels
- “People join organizations, they leave managers.” Bill Hybels
- “Leadership is getting more out of people than the science of management says you can.” Colin Powell
- “Successful leaders are those who infect their people.” Colin Powell
- “Choose your companions before you choose your road.” Mark Burnett
- “Making Christian shows or movies doesn’t give you the right to make it crappy.” Mark Burnett
- “The difference between pressure and stress is the amount of control.” Liz Wiseman
- “If you want to lead a life worthy of leadership, see people for who they are becoming.” Bob Goff
- “It’s not about more information about Jesus, it’s about becoming more like Jesus.” Bob Goff
- “Your job as an influencer is to make the good stuff feel good and the bad stuff feel bad.” Joseph Grenny
- “You wanna change the world? Learn how to change behavior.” Joseph Grenny
- “Strategy is not about the past, it is not about the present, it is about the future. Strategy is innovation.” Vijay Govindarajan
- “Innovation is about value for many, not value for money.” Vijay Govindarajan
- “In the absence of love and belonging there is always suffering.” Dr. Brené Brown
- “When you judge yourself for needing help, you will judge others when they ask for help.” Dr. Brené Brown
- “I didn’t know what I was going to say, until my feet got where they needed to be.” Michael Jr.
- “The impact of your life is not on how hard you worked but on how many leaders you raised up.” Oscar Muriu
- “As a leader, you will get a combination of two things: what you create and what you allow.” Dr. Henry Cloud
- “The opposite of bad is not good; the opposite of bad is love.” Dr. Henry Cloud
- “Jesus has been at the epicenter of His church for 2000 years and nobody’s death will stop it. Not even His own.” Andy Stanley
Also, you can click here to view a feed of the status updates and pics from the people just at our site!