This is part of a series of posts on 20 quotes. Click here to see others.
I had the opportunity to attend the Catalyst West conference this week with some of the team from Abundant Life Church.
Below I’ve selected twenty of my favorite quotes from the event. Each of these quotes is my best representation in writing of what they said verbally or a summary thereof. Any errors in wording are my own.
- “It’s okay not to know, it’s okay to be wrong, but it’s never okay not to love.” Andy Stanley
- ” So many leaders are failing because they’re constantly pouring into others but not ever filling themselves back up (secondary trauma).” Miles Adcox
- “As leaders, we have to sit in as many circles as we stand on stages.” Miles Adcox
- “It’s better to be marked by God than marketed by man.” Bianca Althoff
- “You can do everything right, but you will always still have to go through the process, and it will be hard.” Bianca Althoff
- “We can’t obtain humility without self-knowledge.” Ian Morgan Cron
- “We were created for a person (Jesus) and a place (Heaven).” Kayla Stoecklein
- “Bloom where you are planted.” Jamie Ivey
- “It’s hard to be jealous of someone when you are genuinely their biggest fan.” Jamie Ivey
- “If you can’t get curious, you can’t get free.” Mike Foster
- “God is less concerned about what you’re doing than what you’re becoming.” Chad Veach
- “We must tether the faith of this generation to the event that sparked the movement that brought us the Bible.” Andy Stanley
- “If someone predicts their own death and resurrection and pulls it off, we should go along with whatever that person says!” Andy Stanley
- “If you want to experience the life of Jesus, you have to adopt the lifestyle of Jesus.” John Mark Comer
- “Don’t use God like a genie. Scripture is not a bandaid. You need to be intrinsically motivated. If you don’t develop that identity or grow in it, you will choose the quick fix, which leads to burnout.” Dr. Carolyne Leaf
- “When you start moving forward it changes your memory of the past.” Benjamin Hardy
- “You should always be making your future bigger than your past.” Benjamin Hardy
- “You have to lose what you knew in the past to see what God knows about you now.” Sara Jakes Roberts
- ” People will applaud you for doing what God is shrugging about.” Sara Jakes Roberts
- “Are you spending too many of your yes’s on things that are good but not best?” Dr. Henry Cloud
**BONUS** Below are a few quotes from people who weren’t at the conference but their ideas were shared by someone else.
- “The best thing you bring to leadership is your own transforming self.” Ruth Haley Barton
- “Never be the ‘former’ anything.” Condoleeza Rice
- “We are kept from our goals not by obstacles, but by a clear path to lesser goals.” Robert Brault
- “Every next level of your life will demand a different you.” Leonardo DiCaprio