This is part of a series of posts on 20 quotes. Click here to see others.
I had the opportunity to attend the Catalyst West conference this week with some of the team from Central. I’ve had the chance to become friends with the President of Catalyst and that has made these experiences even more special. Catalyst is a great shot in the arm of encouragement and connection with other church leaders.
Below I’ve selected twenty of my favorite quotes from the event. Each of these quotes is my best representation in writing of what they said verbally or a summary thereof. Any errors in wording are my own.
- “Jesus didn’t predict a place, He predicted a people.” Andy Stanley
- “Imagine a world where people were skeptical of what we believe but envious of how we love one another.” Andy Stanley
- “If your theology separates you from sinners like you, you may have some work to do.” Andy Stanley
- “We can’t all be right, but we can all be one.” Andy Stanley
- “Religion drew lines. Jesus crossed them.” Craig Groeschel
- “You can’t heal what you don’t acknowledge is hurting.” Jo Saxton
- “On average we check our phones 150 times a day. We face our phones because it’s easier than facing our Maker.” Greg McKeown
- “What takes my breathe away is what Jesus did NOT do.” Greg McKeown
- “The more you spend worshipping God the less time you’ll spend worrying.” Levi Lusko
- “The forgiveness you withhold limits the cleansing you can receive.” Levi Lusko
- “The local church should be the best run organization in your community.” Andy Stanley
- “The better leader you are the fewer decisions you personally make.” Andy Stanley
- “God’s miracles do not relieve us of our duty to support the cause of justice.” Brenda Salter McNeil
- “Scarcity thinking causes us to build walls.” Brenda Salter McNeil
- “If we want truth, we don’t get to pick and choose who it comes from.” Brenda Salter McNeil
- “Don’t leverage power, give it away.” Propaganda
- “If you have given up on your dream, it is difficult to lead others into theirs.” Devon Franklin
- “Love the other, the way the other is.” Father Edwin Leahy
- “Real leadership is a magnet for unity. Bad leadership is a magnet for disunity.” Brian Houston
- “Do other people see their place in your vision? Every person has a right to their own vision.” Brian Houston