This is part of a series of posts on 20 quotes. Click here to see others.
I had the opportunity to attend the Catalyst West conference this week with some of the team from Central. I’ve had the chance to become friends with the Executive Producer of Catalyst the last few years and that has made these experiences even more special. Catalyst is a great shot in the arm of encouragement and connection with other church leaders.
Below I’ve selected twenty of my favorite quotes from the event. Each of these quotes is my best representation in writing of what they said verbally or a summary thereof. Any errors in wording are my own.
- “Leaders are perpetually dissatisfied with the status quo. That’s not a problem, that’s a calling.” Andy Stanley
- “You have no idea what hangs in the balance of your decision to embrace what God has put on your heart.” Andy Stanley
- “Broken-hearted leaders lead change.” Andy Stanley
- “We need to start getting comfortable with God making us uncomfortable.” Shelene Bryan
- “Perceived success feels a lot like fear.” Judah Smith
- “If gasoline is what makes a car go, agape [love] is what makes the church go.” Judah Smith
- “Limited resources, plus a willingness to fail, plus increasing passion, equals exponential innovation.” Craig Groeschel
- “The fear of failure drives you to lead without faith.” Craig Groeschel
- “A failure is an event, not a person.” Craig Groeschel
- “Train for the trial you’re not yet in. Storms reveal foundations, they’re not the time to build foundations.” Levi Lusco
- “Farming is not a profession that rewards procrastination.” Levi Lusco
- “Impossible power comes out of impossible pain. Anointing can’t happen without a crushing.” Levi Lusco
- “There’s a big difference between learning from, and learning about.” Propaganda
- “People do crazy things when they aren’t being heard. Riots are the language of the unheard.” Propaganda
- “People don’t want to give something up. They want to find something better.” Andy Stanley
- “The Holy Spirit is the introvert of the three.” Dave Gibbons
- “What would the church look like if it’s not contained on a piece of land?” Dave Gibbons
- “Make sure the reward is actually rewarding. The most powerful rewards contain emotions.” Charles Duhigg
- “When Jesus died, he didn’t just pay for us, he overpaid. His blood is enough for everything.” John Gray
- “Gifts don’t mature, character does.” John Gray
Which quote is your favorite? Share it in the comments below. Click here to see other posts I’ve done featuring my top 20 quotes.